Saturday, January 8, 2022

365 Days: #8 The Bad and the Beautiful (1952)

If you have been following along, you probably expected me to be watching something with Dick Powell this evening. While I was tempted to revisit Murder, My Sweet, I decided to go with a movie I haven't seen before.

#8 The Bad and the Beautiful


Jonathan Shields is determined to be a successful Hollywood producer, and uses the talents of a director, actress, and writer to accomplish that goal, ultimately betraying each one in the process. When he requests their participation on a new movie project, he finds that none of them will speak to him, and it's up to Harry Pebbel to try and convince them to work with him again.


"You know, Fred, when I work on a picture, it's like romancing a girl. You see her, you want her, you go after her. The big moment, then, the letdown. Every time, every picture, the after-picture blues."



I really enjoyed watching this movie about movie making! I liked the performances, the costumes, and the way the story unfolds. I found it captivating and look forward to watching it again. 










No comments: