Thursday, January 28, 2021

New Year, New Movie: Singin' in the Rain (1952)

My resolution to watch a new movie every day really took a hit this week, but as I come to the end of a hectic, stormy workweek, I am Singin' in the Rain tonight, and looking forward to catching up on my movie viewing this weekend. Since I got a late start, I'm not up to properly documenting this movie, but suffice to say it's simply spectacular. There are some musicals I am quite fond of, but I am not generally drawn to them, so I was not only surprised by how much I enjoyed this one, but by how little I really knew what the movie was about, despite being incredibly familiar with the title song. As an avid fan of early film, it was interesting to see a depiction of the challenges of transitioning from silent film to early talkies, and I look forward to seeing this movie again. The immense talent displayed in this film leaves me awestruck. 







"But most important of all, I continue living up to my motto: Dignity. Always dignity."





No comments: