Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!

Halloween greetings to all! It's been a busy season and I've had to take a break from the 1970s horror, much to my chagrin, but I intend to get back to it soon. It is a pretty disturbing era for horror, so it was good to take a break the other night with some pre-code horror with The Vampire Bat

I am celebrating Halloween with a double feature of two of my favorite scary movies playing on the Criterion Channel, Nosferatu, and the 1979 remake, Nosferatu the Vampyre. I may follow both up with Shadow of a Vampire, if I have the stamina for it. If you haven't seen that film, it's a fun fictional telling of the making of Nosferatu. I will be taking a break to check in on the Dark Shadows live reunion broadcast at 6 pm PT/9 pm ET with Lara Parker, David Selby, Nancy Barrett, Marie Wallace, James Storm, Roger Davis, Sharon Smyth, Christopher Pennock and Kathryn Leigh Scott. It's being hosted by The Quarantine Theatre Company at their YouTube channel, if you are interested in checking it out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNXgS0lMRsCdWbvNtUKHgww

No comments: