Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Criterion Flash Sale-abration!

Hey film lovers! You've got less than 12 hours left at the time of this writing to go save 50% on Criterion Collection movies. Go get yourself a little something, because the escape of a good movie is just what the doctor ordered. Here are a few curios that grabbed me this time around. 



I'm not sure that I didn't just buy this set for the artwork with Boris Karloff on the front. All of these titles are currently showing on the Criterion Channel, but this is a set I've wanted to collect, so into the shopping cart it went. Yes, I spoil myself that way.

The Golden Age of Televison

They just don't make TV like this any more. I bought this set primarily for Rod Serling's Patterns, but also to enjoy the fine actors, and experience the novelty of an innovative TV era before my time. 


The Friends of Eddie Coyle

I enjoy Robert Mitchum's acting, and since the description on this film claims it was one of the best performances of his career, I had to see if it was on par with his indelible performance in The Night of the Hunter, which is one of my favorite movies.


The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

It seemed appropriate to have a tragic thriller on hand for times such as these. 


Unfaithfully Yours


It also seemed appropriate to have some comedy on hand for times such as these. 


I've been tempted to pick up this movie for awhile, but I wasn't sure about the whole comedic western idea. I had to give in for Dietrich and Stewart, and the clip I saw had me intrigued.  


So, Criterion got me again. I didn't need more new movies, but I certainly am a sucker for the flash sale. 

No comments: