Monday, January 2, 2017

It's a New Year!

I was supposed to be posting about The Man Who Laughs (which is forthcoming), but instead got caught up in New Year's festivities and new projects.

 

I decided to spend the New Year revisiting a favorite film I discovered this year. It is brimming with wit and intelligence and I love it completely. It seemed appropriate to bring in the new year with its good humor and satire. I was sorely tempted to write about it, but this film is so rich and so wonderfully detailed that it will take me a considerable amount of time to do it justice. I also hope to maybe tone down my fervor a little as I may be overdoing it a bit. You know how it is when you find a film that really resonates with you that you thoroughly enjoy. You want everyone else to see what there is to love about it, and your overenthusiasm tends to be lost on them. Nevertheless, it is something I expect to complete in 2017.


The new project I'm working on is blogging about The Invaders, a TV program from 1967. I'm not entirely sure what has possessed me to overextend myself by taking on yet another blog, though I will attempt to explain my reasoning. I will be posting on Tuesdays and will be covering the pilot episode on January 10th, the date it first aired fifty years ago.


I anticipate that 2017 will be a year when I depend on the escapism of classic movies and TV to keep me happy and at peace. Hopefully my internet litter may bring a little joy to the world gone mad.

Take me away, Invaders!

No comments: