Sunday, February 25, 2018

What I'm Watching: Torn Curtain (1966)

There are only a few Hitchcock films I've not yet seen. Tonight, I'm ticking Torn Curtain off the list. Hitch makes a cute cameo with baby on the knee, which he switches to the other knee when apparently realizing the tyke has soiled his nappy.


This is a beautifully filmed movie, which would benefit from a sharper image. It's a tale of espionage and intrigue that drags in some parts, though Gromek's murder is worth the price of admission.





Paul Newman and Julie Andrews make quite the odd couple, but are still enjoyable to watch.




It may not be my favorite Hitchcock film, but I look forward to seeing it again someday. It's not hard for me to find something to enjoy about any Hitchcock movie. The only movies of his I've yet to watch are Topaz, Frenzy, and Waltzes from Vienna. While I enjoy many of his celebrated films, I also have a particular fondness for Murder!, Rich and Strange, Stage Fright, and Strangers on a Train.

No comments: